Julie D. Murray is a Principal in the Firm’s Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability practice group. She represents Employers and Insurers in the defense of workers’ compensation claims in both Maryland and the District of Columbia. Her clients include Self-Insured Employers as well as insurance companies providing coverage for large and small Employers. She regularly handles cases at the Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission and on appeal in the various Circuit Courts throughout Maryland. She also has extensive experience handling matters on the appellate level in the Court of Special Appeals and the Court of Appeals of Maryland and has argued cases before both appellate courts. Ms. Murray also regularly appears before the District of Columbia’s Office of Workers’ Compensation and Office of Hearings and Adjudications representing clients in the defense of workers’ compensation claims. She also handles appellate cases at the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.
In addition to representing clients in the defense of workers’ compensation claims, Ms. Murray also provides education and training to risk management and insurance professionals to help them successfully manage their claims.
Ms. Murray currently serves as the Co-Chair of the Maryland Defense Counsel’s Workers’ Compensation Committee. She was selected as a Maryland “Super Lawyer” by Baltimore Magazine and Maryland Super Lawyers Magazine for 2020 – 2021. Prior to that, she was on their “Rising Stars” list from 2014 – 2019.
- 2011, District of Columbia
- 2009, Maryland
- University of Maryland School of Law (J. D., cum laude, 2009)
- University of Maryland College Park (B.A., Journalism, 2006)
Affiliations, Associations & Special Achievements
- American Bar Association
- American Law Firm Association (ALFA)
- Association of Compensation Insurance Attorneys
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Defense Counsel, Workers’ Compensation Committee, Co-Chair
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Recipient, Joseph Bernstein Prize, University of Maryland School of Law, 2009