Mr. McCarron is Principal and Chairman of the Firm. He has extensive experience in various aspects of civil litigation, primarily on behalf of defendants, including in claims alleging or relating to personal injury and/or property damage (to include defense of motor carriers and their drivers, insurance company policyholders and product manufacturers), construction defect, insurance coverage, land use, labor and employment, creditors’ rights and commercial litigation. Mr. McCarron also represents three municipalities and serves as their Town Attorney. He has extensive experience in litigating in the State and Federal courts of Maryland, as well as the United States District Court and the Superior Court for the District of Columbia. He has tried numerous cases to verdict.
He is a member of the Steering Committee of the American Law Firm Association’s Transportation Group. He served as the Chair of the Construction Law and Litigation Committee of the International Association of Defense Counsel and has been an active member of the Defense Research Institute. He has taught several courses on insurance coverage and trial tactics. He has also served his community as the President of his local community organization. In 2015, Mr. McCarron was granted fellowship in the American College of Trial Lawyers.
- 2018, US District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- 2018, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- 2018, Supreme Court of Virginia
- 2000, United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- 2000, United States Supreme Court
- 2000, Court of Appeals of District of Columbia
- 1997, United States Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- 1991, United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- 1990, Court of Appeals of Maryland
- University of Maryland School of Law, (J.D., with honors, 1990)
- Villanova University (magna cum laude, 1987)
Affiliations, Associations & Special Achievements
- American Bar Association
- Carroll County Bar Association
- The Defense Research Institute
- Young Lawyers’ Committee, Liaison to the Insurance Law Committee, 1996
- Co-Chair of Substantive Law Liaison Sub-Committee, 1996–1997
- Chair of Substantive Law Liaison Sub-Committee, 1997–1998
- Vice-Chair of the Annual Meeting Sub-Committee, 1999–1999
- Chair of the Annual Meeting Sub-Committee, 1999-present
- Young Lawyers’ Steering Committee Member, 1996–present
- DRI Annual Meeting Steering Committees, 1998–2000
- Federal Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel Membership (2003-2022)
- Construction Law Subcommittee, Vice-Chair of Programs 2004-2006, 2015
- Construction Law Subcommittee, Chair 2006–2008, 2017
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland Municipal Attorneys’ Association
Special Achievements & Honors
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers (2015 – 2022)
- Selected as a “Super Lawyer”, in Insurance Coverage, by Baltimore Magazine (2006-2022)
- A/V® rated by Martindale Hubbell®, the highest possible peer review rating for ethics and legal ability.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Insurance Law, 2013-2023
- An Overview of Liability and Uninsured Motorist Coverage, Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Presented June 2001.
- Insurance Coverage in Maryland, National Business Institute, presented August 2003, Baltimore, Maryland, Hesselbacher, R. and McCarron, T.
- Insurance Coverage for Construction Defects, International Association of Defense Counsel Annual Meeting, Colorado Springs, Colorado, Presented July 2005, Bolin, J.F., Kash D.W., Maus, K.J., McCarron, T., Stern, D.
- Admissibility of Evidence Under Daubert, Federal Bar Association, October 2002.
- Top Ten Clauses in a Construction Contract, International Association of Defense Counsel Mid-Year Meeting, Puerto Rico, February 2005.
- Defective Products Incorporated into a Construction Project; Who’s Left Holding the Bag?, International Association of Defense Counsel Midyear Meeting, February 2006
- Bad Faith Insurance Claims in Maryland, National Business Institute, presented April 2008.
- Construction Insurance Coverage, Maryland Construction Law Institute, Building the Foundation, presented March 2017.
- Supreme Court Rules That MDL Cases Must Be Tried In Original Jurisdiction, American Bar Association Tort and Insurance, Practice Section Newsletter, Summer 1998.
- Co-authored Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Maryland, National Business Institute, November 2002.
- Maryland Uninsured/Underinsurance Motorist Coverage Section of Under Cover with Insurance Coverage Program, the Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, October 2007.
- Are Attorney’s Fees a Recoverable Cost of Contract Administration?, IADC Construction Law Committee Quarterly Publication, April 2014.
- Maryland Construction Law Deskbook, Construction Insurance chapter, chapter author, 2nd Edition, 2017.