Paul Farquharson specializes in special risk and complex litigation. He has successfully defended clients in high exposure drug and medical device, toxic tort, product liability and insurance coverage litigation. Mr. Farquharson has served as National Coordinating Counsel and MDL Counsel for defendants in hormone replacement litigation and diet drug litigation. Mr. Farquharson has represented clients in several large insurance coverage cases involving environmental clean up costs, bodily injury, property damage and product liability claims. He has been involved in such litigation on behalf of both insurance companies and policyholders. His involvement in these matters has led to an expertise in coordinating unified litigation strategies among parties with divergent positions. Mr. Farquharson also advises clients regarding risk management and underlying issues. This is particularly significant as clients enter into new and different business ventures or seek advice regarding underwriting and premium issues for new risks.
Mr. Farquharson achieved an A/V® rating from Martindale Hubbell®, the highest possible peer review rating for ethics and legal ability.
- 2002, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- 2001, U.S. Supreme Court
- 1991, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- 1991, U.S. Court of Appeals (Fourth Circuit)
- 1987, Maryland
- University of Virginia (J.D., 1987)
- Washington and Lee University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1984)
Affiliations, Associations & Special Achievements
- American Bar Association
- The Defense Research Institute
- Maryland Bar Association
- Maryland Association of Defense Trial Lawyers