Matthew J. McCloskey is an associate in Semmes’ Litigation Group. He maintains a general practice focusing on insurance coverage, insurance defense, products liability, and construction litigation.
Matthew is a graduate of the University of Baltimore School of Law, where he served as a Production Editor on the University of Baltimore Law Review. He was also a teaching assistant for Introduction to Lawyering Skills and Introduction to Advocacy. Prior to joining the firm, Matthew was a law clerk to the Honorable Kathryn Grill Graeff of the Court of Special Appeals of Maryland.
- 2014, Maryland
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2014)
- University of Maryland, College Park (B.A., 2010)
Affiliations & Associations
- Editorial Board, The Maryland Litigator (2014-present)
Special Achievements & Honors
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America
- Insurance Law, 2024
- Litigation – Construction, 2024
- Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2024
- Maryland Rising Stars®: 2019 – 2023