Kevin is a Principal in the Firm’s Litigation Department. He is an experienced litigator and trial attorney representing and defending clients in a wide range of civil, employment, and complex business disputes in state and federal courts and administrative agencies. Kevin has served as lead counsel in trial and appellate matters and has a unique background handling claims involving employment disputes, personal injury, insurance coverage, construction, premises liability, products liability, and commercial claims.
Prior to returning to Semmes after being a Summer Associate, Law Clerk, and Associate at the Firm, Kevin served as an Assistant Attorney General in a General Counsel role to the Maryland Judiciary. He represented the 24 Circuit Courts, the District Court, and Maryland judges. Kevin also represented various court-related agencies such as the Commission on Judicial Disabilities, the Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland, and the State Board of Law Examiners. Kevin also counseled and represented employers, universities, community colleges, municipalities, and non-profits in an assortment of labor and employment matters and civil matters at a boutique law firm where he initially obtained his labor and employment experience.
Kevin graduated cum laude from the University of Baltimore School of Law where he served on the University of Baltimore Law Forum and was a member of the Telecommunications Moot Court team. His formal education and training also includes a Master of Public Policy from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (summa cum laude), as well as a Bachelor of Arts also from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (magna cum laude).
As a result of his litigation skills, Kevin has been selected as a Maryland “Rising Star” by Baltimore Magazine and Maryland Super Lawyers Magazine seven years in a row.
- 2016, United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- 2014, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- 2013, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- 2013, District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- 2009, United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- 2008, Court of Appeals of Maryland
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2008)
- University of Maryland Baltimore County (Master of Public Policy, summa cum laude, 2005)
- University of Maryland Baltimore County (B.A., (magna cum laude, 2004)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Sondheim Public Affairs Scholar
- Dean’s List