Jose L. Estrada is a Principal in the Firm’s Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability Practice. Mr. Estrada represents employers and insurance companies in the defense of workers’ compensation claims in the District of Columbia and Maryland.
Prior to joining Semmes, Bowen & Semmes, Mr. Estrada represented workers’ compensation claimants in the District of Columbia, regularly appearing before the D.C. Office of Workers’ Compensation and Office of Hearings and Adjudications, as well as the U.S. Department of Labor. Mr. Estrada continues to appear before these Agencies, including the District of Columbia Court of Appeals and the Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission.
Mr. Estrada has been selected as a “Rising Star” by the Super Lawyers Magazine in the District of Columbia in 2018, and in Maryland from 2018 through 2020.
- 2016, Maryland
- 2015, District of Columbia
- 2013, North Carolina
- Charlotte School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A., 2008)
Affiliations, Associations & Special Achievements
- Association of Compensation Insurance Attorneys – District of Columbia, Vice President / President-Elect
- Trial Lawyers Association of the District of Columbia
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Maryland Super Lawyers Rising Star (2018 – 2020)
- District of Columbia Super Lawyers Rising Star (2018)
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association