Ms. Petrella is an Associate in the Firm’s Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability Practice. Her practice focuses on representing employers and insurance companies in the defense of workers’ compensation claims.
Ms. Petrella earned her J.D. from the Tulane Law School in 2012 with a Certificate in Sports Law. There, she was a Student-Attorney at the Tulane Law Domestic Violence Clinic. She holds her B.A. in Sociology, with a minor in French, from Hobart and William Smith Colleges. While attending HWS, she had the pleasure of studying abroad in Geneva, Switzerland.
Prior to joining Semmes, Ms. Petrella was an associate at prominent area law firm for over four years, representing claimants in workers’ compensation claims and whistleblowers qui tam lawsuits. She was also a trial attorney in New York, where she researched and drafted a successful appeal to the Supreme Court, Appellate Division. She interned with the New York Civil Liberties Union.
- 2017, District of Columbia
- 2016, District of Maryland
- 2016, Maryland
- 2013, New York
- Tulane Law School, (J.D., 2012)
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges, cum laude, (B.A., 2009)
Affiliations, Associations and Special Achievements
- DC Trial Lawyers Association, member, 2016 – 2018
- Tulane Law School
- J.D., Sports Law Certificate
- Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court
- Honors distinction
- Recipient, The James A. Wysocki Trial Advocacy Award
- Recipient, Cicero Session Award in Trial Advocacy
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges
- Study Abroad in Geneva, Switzerland