Ms. Wilson, Principal in the Firm’s Real Estate, Corporate and Business practice areas, practices in all areas of commercial real estate law. Ms. Wilson has represented a variety of clients, including lenders, developers, and individuals, in real estate matters, including real estate financing and foreclosures, purchase and sale of real property, and commercial leasing. Ms. Wilson’s practice has a particular emphasis on representing commercial banks, life insurance companies and other institutional lenders in construction and permanent commercial real estate loan transactions, including complex multi-lender affordable housing construction and rehabilitation projects, syndicated secured and unsecured lines of credit to real estate investment trusts, credit enhancement in large public bond financed housing projects, and commercial office and shopping center developments.
Ms. Wilson achieved an A/V® rating from Martindale Hubbell®, the highest possible peer review rating for ethics and legal ability.
Recent Representative Transactions
- Representation of commercial banks in connection with secured first mortgage construction and bridge loans (totaling more than $90 million) for office, warehouse and multifamily projects.
- Representation of life insurance company in connection with $27 million permanent first mortgage financing for warehouse project in Baltimore metro area.
- Representation of commercial bank in connection with multi-lender mortgage financing for affordable seniors apartment projects throughout Maryland.
- Representation of pension fund, as landlord, in connection with the leasing of office and industrial projects.
- Representation of commercial bank, as tenant, in connection with the leasing of bank branches and regional headquarters throughout Maryland.
- Representation of advisor to the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Army in connection with the privatization of on-base family housing at 18 military bases throughout the United States (totaling more than $1 billion).
- 1987, Maryland
- University of Maryland School of Law (J.D., with honors, 1987)
- University of Pittsburgh (M.A., 1973)
- Elmira College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1971) Phi Beta Kappa
Affiliations, Associations & Special Achievements
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Board of Directors, St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center (2005 to Present)
- Member, CREW-Baltimore, Inc. (served on Board of Directors 2003 to 2006)
- Listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (since 2006)
- Included in the annual Best Lawyers in America© list (since 2009)