Mr. Maloney is a Principal in the Firm’s Workers’ Compensation, Employers’ Liability Practice Groups, and managing partner of the Firm’s Hagerstown, Maryland and Martinsburg, West Virginia offices. In this capacity, he represents employers, their insurers, self insured entities and third party administrators in litigation matters before the Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission and at the appellate level before Maryland’s circuit courts.
He also has experience defending claims before the District of Columbia’s Office of Workers’ Compensation and Office of Hearings and Adjudications.
Finally, Mr. Maloney also represents employers and insurers in workers’ compensation matters arising in West Virginia from the Firm’s western Maryland office.
Mr. Maloney was selected as a Maryland “Rising Star” by Baltimore Magazine & Maryland Super Lawyers Magazine for 2014 – 2017. He was selected as a Maryland “Super Lawyer” by Maryland Super Lawyers Magazine for 2019 – 2020.
- 2004, Maryland
- 2006, District of Columbia
- 2008, West Virginia
- 2009, U.S. District Court, Maryland
- 2009, U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- Villanova University (B.S., 1999)
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., 2004)
Affiliations, Associations & Special Achievements
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association for Baltimore City
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Recipient, Mount Royal Academic Scholarship
- Washington County, Maryland Chapter Habitat for Humanity, Board Member