James S. Maloney is a principal in the Firm’s Workers’ Compensation, Employers’ Liability Practice Groups, and managing partner of the firm’s Hagerstown, Maryland and Martinsburg, West Virginia offices. In this capacity, he represents employers, their insurers, self-insured entities and third-party administrators in litigation matters before the Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission and at the appellate level before Maryland’s circuit courts.
He also has experience defending claims before the District of Columbia’s Office of Workers’ Compensation and Office of Hearings and Adjudications.
Finally, James also represents employers and insurers in workers’ compensation matters arising in West Virginia and Pennsylvania from the Firm’s western Maryland office.
- 2022, Pennsylvania
- 2009, U.S. District Court, Maryland
- 2009, U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- 2008, West Virginia
- 2006, District of Columbia
- 2004, Maryland
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., 2004)
- Villanova University (B.S., 1999)
Affiliations & Associations
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association for Baltimore City
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Former Board Member, Washington County, Maryland Chapter Habitat for Humanity
Special Achievements & Honors
- Maryland Super Lawyers®: 2019 – 2021
- Maryland Rising Stars®: 2014 – 2017
- Recipient, Mount Royal Academic Scholarship