Jakob Metz joined Semmes in 2017 as a Law Clerk in the Firm’s Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability Practice. In 2019, he was promoted to Associate. He represents employers and insurance companies in the defense of workers’ compensation claims.
Mr. Metz graduated from the University of Maryland, College Park in 2015, where he received his Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. Thereafter, he attended the University of Baltimore and received his Juris Doctor in 2018, graduating magna cum laude.
While in law school, Mr. Metz assisted in the Juvenile Justice Project as a Rule 19-217 student-attorney, counseling and preparing incarcerated clients for parole hearings and post-conviction proceedings. He also served as a senior staff editor for the University of Baltimore Law Review.
Prior to joining Semmes, Mr. Metz worked as a Realtor for Berkshire Hathaway Homesale Homeservices where he negotiated transactions for residential property in the Greater Baltimore area.
- 2019, Maryland
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude 2018)
- University of Maryland, College Park (B.A., 2015)
Affiliations, Associations & Special Achievements
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Royal Graham Shannonhouse III Honors Society
- University of Baltimore Law Review (2016 – 2018)
- President, Phi Alpha Delta, LaBrum Chapter
- Vice President, University of Baltimore Real Estate Law Association