Heather H. Kraus
25 S. Charles Street
Baltimore MD, 21201
Ms. Kraus represents employers and their insurers in the defense of workers’ compensation claims. Her clients include self-insured employers as well as insurance companies providing coverage for large and small employers. She has appeared before the Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission in hundreds of cases and in numerous jury trials before the various Circuit Courts throughout the State of Maryland. Ms. Kraus has handled and argued appellate cases before the Maryland Court of Appeals and Court of Special Appeals.
She also defends workers’ compensation claims arising under the Federal Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, appearing before the Department of Labor, Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs and Administrative Law Judges in the Baltimore, Philadelphia, Delaware, New Jersey and Norfolk, Virginia areas, as well as before the Benefits Review Board and the U.S. Circuit Courts.
In addition to the defense of claims, Ms. Kraus represents clients in obtaining and maintaining self-insured status before the Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission.
She is also a member and Chair of the Advisory Committee on the Budget of the Workers’ Compensation Commission, and a member of the Board of Directors and past President of the Maryland Workers’ Compensation Education Association.
- 1985, Maryland
- Georgetown University (J.D., cum laude, 1985)
- University of Maryland (B.A., magna cum laude, 1981; Honors in History; Phi Beta Kappa)
Affiliations & Associations
- Member and Chair of the Advisory Committee on the Budget of the Workers’ Compensation Commission
- Board Member and past-President, Maryland Workers’ Compensation Education Association
- Fellow of the College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Special Achievements & Honors
- Baltimore Super Lawyers®: 2007-2013 and 2015-2023