Elizabeth A. Fitch
25 S. Charles Street
Baltimore MD, 21201
Elizabeth A. Fitch is counsel in the firm’s Estate Planning, Probate & Trusts Practice.
Prior to joining Semmes, Elizabeth was an associate attorney with a Baltimore firm, focusing on complex civil litigation and arbitration. She has litigated business, trust, and land issues in Maryland as well as fiduciary disputes, including will contests and trust disputes, in high-stakes cases outside of Maryland.
Elizabeth was an associate judge of the Orphans’ Court for Howard County from 2018 to 2022. As a judge, she conducted hearings, passed orders, and drafted opinions relating to probate and estate matters.
While in law school, Elizabeth was a rule 19-217 student attorney at the University of Baltimore Tax Law Clinic, where she represented taxpayers in federal and state tax disputes involving administrative controversies before the IRS and the Comptroller’s Office of Maryland. She received her B.A. in government and politics from the University of Maryland.
- 2020, U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- 2020, District of Columbia
- 2019, U.S. Tax Court
- 2018, Maryland
- University of Maryland (B.A., 2002)
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2018)
- Staff Editor, University of Baltimore Law Review
- Vice Magister, Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honors Society
- Distinguished Scholar, Royal Shannonhouse Honor Society
- Dean’s Citation award recipient
- President, Business & Tax Law Association
- Student Representative, Maryland State Bar Association Tax Council
Affiliations & Associations
- American Bar Association
- Howard County Bar Association
- Maryland Association of Judges of the Orphans’ Court
- Maryland Bar Association
- National College of Probate Judges
Special Achievements & Honors
- Baltimore Rising Stars®: 2023
- Baltimore Sun, Best of Howard County, 2021