David F. Risk
25 S. Charles Street
Baltimore MD, 21201
David Risk joined Semmes in 2020 as an Associate in the Firm’s Litigation Practice. David maintains a trial and litigation practice primarily focused on representing businesses, insurance carriers, and individuals in matters involving personal injury claims, insurance defense/coverage matters, construction law, products liability claims, and criminal defense work.
Prior to joining Semmes, David was an Assistant State’s Attorney with the Baltimore City State’s Attorney Office. As a prosecutor, he tried more than 20 jury trials to verdict, and also tried more than 40 bench trials. David was most recently assigned to the Gun Violence Enforcement Division. Before David was promoted to his position as an Assistant State’s Attorney, he worked as a Law Clerk in the high-stakes Major Investigations Unit.
David was a Judicial Law Clerk for The Honorable Amy J. Bragunier in the Circuit Court for Charles County, Maryland, and also worked as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Kimberly A. Moore in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, in Washington, D.C.
He received his J.D. from the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, and received his B.A. from Pennsylvania State University.
- 2020, United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- 2014, Maryland
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, (J.D., cum laude 2014)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., 2011)
Affiliations & Associations
- Children’s Fund, Board of Directors
- Children’s Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization that addresses local needs and support for children in less developed countries.
- Defense Research Institute
- Maryland State Bar Foundation Fellow (2021-2022)
- Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA)
- MSBA Young Lawyers Section Membership Committee (2021-2022)
- MSBA Leadership Academy Leadership Academy Fellow (2019-2021)
Special Achievements & Honors
- Maryland Rising Stars®: 2023