Barry D. Bernstein is a principal and vice chairman of the firm’s Workers’ Compensation & Employers’ Liability Practice Group. He represents employers and insurers in all phases of workers’ compensation claims in the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia. He regularly represents clients before the Workers’ Compensation Commission and on the appellate level, including the Maryland Court of Special Appeals and Maryland Court of Appeals.
Barry also participates in the defense of mass tort asbestos litigation and lead paint cases. He is responsible for administration of cases at all stages of litigation, including trial and at the appellate level.
- 2011, District of Columbia
- 2010, U.S. Supreme Court
- 2008, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- 2006, U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- 2005, Maryland
- University of Maryland School of Law (J.D., 2004)
- Ner Israel College (B.T.L., 2000)
Affiliations & Associations
- American Society of Legal Advocates
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- Board Member, Congregation Shomrei Emunah
- Defense Research Institute
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Board Member, Maryland Workers’ Compensation Education Association
- Simon E. Sobeloff Law Society
Special Achievements & Honors
- Selected as a Maryland “Super Lawyer” in 2020 – 2023 by Baltimore Magazine and Maryland Super Lawyers Magazine. Prior to that, he was on their “Rising Stars” list from 2011 – 2019.
- Selected by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one of the top 40 Litigation Lawyers under 40 in the State of Maryland 2013-2017.