Welcome to Semmes, Bowen & Semmes
Semmes is one of the oldest and largest full-service law firms in the State of Maryland. Semmes' Attorneys provide comprehensive legal representation in an extensive range of litigation, maritime, labor and employment, and corporate and business practice areas, including estate planning, real estate and lobbying and government relations, and Semmes is the largest private workers' compensation & employers' liability defense practice in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- NEWS » Marisa Trasatti Selected As An ABA Fellow
- NEWS » Governor Hogan Appoints Semmes Principal to the Commission on Judicial Disabilities
- NEWS » Thomas V. McCarron Inducted as Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- NEWS » James W. Bartlett III and JoAnne Zawitoski Named In Who’s Who Legal: Transport 2015 For Shipping
- NEWS » 21 Semmes’ Attorneys Named in Baltimore Magazine “Maryland Super Lawyers” for 2015
- NEWS » Semmes Receives Seven “Tier 1” Rankings for the Baltimore Metropolitan Area – U.S. News & World Report-Best Lawyers 2015 edition of “Best Law Firms”
- NEWS » Alan N. Gamse and JoAnne Zawitoski Earn “Lawyer of the Year” Accolades from Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- NEWS » Thirteen From Semmes Named in Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- NEWS » Semmes Welcomes New Attorneys
- To Try or Not to Try: Who Decides Is the Question
- Practical Construction Law For Maryland Contractors (Updated July 06, 2015)
- Estate Planning to Keep Hostile Family at Bay
- DIY Estate Planning: A Cautionary Tale
- 2014 Maryland Legislative Update
- The Top Ten “Do’s” of a Law Firm Social Media Policy
- A Tax Break for the Hereafter
- Litigation and Social Media: Using Social Media to Your Advantage at Every Step of the Trial
- Where There’s a Will There’s a Way
- Planning Your Digital Estate
- View Articles Archive
- In Bed Bug Case, Court Denied Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss Plaintiffs’ Fraud, Consumer Protection, and Punitive Damages Claims for Failure to State a Claim
- Claim revested through bankruptcy proceeding not subject to dismissal.
- Employment-Related Damages for Oppressed Minority Shareholder Are Unlikely Unless Oppressive Conduct Involved a Breach of Employment Agreement
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland Grants Defendant’s Motion to Dismiss Regarding Plaintiff’s Fair Housing Act Claims
- Plaintiff’s General Knowledge of a Dangerous Condition Sufficient to Withstand Summary Judgment, Despite Lack of Specific Knowledge as to Details of Fall
- Counterclaims to Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Dismissed for Failure to State Claim and Permissive Nature in Part.
- View Law Updates Archive
Semmes is a member of ALFA International, the global legal network. With 145 member firms across the globe (80 in the United States) ALFA International is the premier global network of independent law firms whose success is driven by broad, deep, local relationships all over the world. More information is available at www.alfainternational.com.
An STI Site
| Web Design By SLEEPER Technologies