Welcome to Semmes, Bowen & Semmes
Semmes is one of the oldest and largest full-service law firms in the State of Maryland. Semmes' Attorneys provide comprehensive legal representation in an extensive range of litigation, maritime, labor and employment, and corporate and business practice areas, including estate planning, real estate and lobbying and government relations, and Semmes is the largest private workers' compensation & employers' liability defense practice in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- NEWS » Semmes Authors Fall Edition of MSBA Section of Labor and Employment Newsletter
- NEWS » 22 Semmes’ Attorneys Named in Baltimore Magazine “Maryland Super Lawyers” for 2015
- EVENT » Maryland Workers’ Compensation Seminar
- NEWS » Semmes Receives Seven “Tier 1” Rankings for the Baltimore Metropolitan Area – U.S. News & World Report-Best Lawyers 2015 edition of “Best Law Firms”
- NEWS » Alan N. Gamse and JoAnne Zawitoski Earn “Lawyer of the Year” Accolades from Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- NEWS » Thirteen From Semmes Named in Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- NEWS » The Defense Line – Spotlights
- NEWS » Semmes Welcomes New Attorneys
- DIY Estate Planning: A Cautionary Tale
- 2014 Maryland Legislative Update
- Practical Construction Law For Maryland Contractors
- The Top Ten “Do’s” of a Law Firm Social Media Policy
- A Tax Break for the Hereafter
- Litigation and Social Media: Using Social Media to Your Advantage at Every Step of the Trial
- Where There’s a Will There’s a Way
- Planning Your Digital Estate
- View Articles Archive
- Fourth Circuit Affirms Maryland District Court’s Dismissal of Complaint Under Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1692e, and Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 12(b)(6)
- Defendant’s Removal Is Frustrated by Plaintiff’s Multiple Amendments to Complaint and an Action that Was Proceeding in Three (3) Courts Simultaneously
- Short-Term Disability Claim Administrator Abuses Discretion in ERISA Case When It Fails to Access Readily Available Information That May Confirm Plaintiff’s Theory of Disability
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia Denied Plaintiff’s Motion to Strike Defendants’ Expert as an Excessively Harsh Remedy
- Fourth Circuit holds social media sites authenticated by certification of records custodians.
- Virginia Federal Court holds that parties to requirements contract agreed to confer the issue of arbitrability to the arbitrator.
- View Law Updates Archive
Semmes is a member of ALFA International, the global legal network. With 145 member firms across the globe (80 in the United States) ALFA International is the premier global network of independent law firms whose success is driven by broad, deep, local relationships all over the world. More information is available at www.alfainternational.com.
An STI Site
| Web Design By SLEEPER Technologies