Welcome to Semmes, Bowen & Semmes
Semmes is one of the oldest and largest full-service law firms in the State of Maryland. Semmes' Attorneys provide comprehensive legal representation in an extensive range of litigation, maritime, labor and employment, and corporate and business practice areas, including estate planning, real estate and lobbying and government relations, and Semmes is the largest private workers' compensation & employers' liability defense practice in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- NEWS » Thomas V. McCarron Inducted as Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- NEWS » James W. Bartlett III and JoAnne Zawitoski Named In Who’s Who Legal: Transport 2015 For Shipping
- NEWS » Semmes Authors Fall Edition of MSBA Section of Labor and Employment Newsletter
- NEWS » 21 Semmes’ Attorneys Named in Baltimore Magazine “Maryland Super Lawyers” for 2015
- EVENT » Maryland Workers’ Compensation Seminar
- NEWS » Semmes Receives Seven “Tier 1” Rankings for the Baltimore Metropolitan Area – U.S. News & World Report-Best Lawyers 2015 edition of “Best Law Firms”
- NEWS » Alan N. Gamse and JoAnne Zawitoski Earn “Lawyer of the Year” Accolades from Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- NEWS » Thirteen From Semmes Named in Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- NEWS » The Defense Line – Spotlights
- NEWS » Semmes Welcomes New Attorneys
- DIY Estate Planning: A Cautionary Tale
- 2014 Maryland Legislative Update
- Practical Construction Law For Maryland Contractors
- The Top Ten “Do’s” of a Law Firm Social Media Policy
- A Tax Break for the Hereafter
- Litigation and Social Media: Using Social Media to Your Advantage at Every Step of the Trial
- Where There’s a Will There’s a Way
- Planning Your Digital Estate
- View Articles Archive
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia enters summary judgment in favor a hotel management company in action premised on criminal acts of a third party.
- Trial Court Properly Dismissed Plaintiffs’ Case Against Bank Defendant on Basis of res judicata, Since Plaintiff LLC Member and His LLC Were In Privity Where LLC Member Held Himself Out As LLC Representative in Prior Litigation
- Plaintiffs’ Fraudulent Conveyance Complaint Against Chapter 13 Debtor Defendants Was Void Ab Initio Since It Was Filed in Violation of Automatic Bankruptcy Stay
- U.S. District Court Examines Standard For Granting Preliminary Injunctive Relief
- U.S. District Court Examines Motion to Transfer Venue Standard Under 28 U.S.C. § 1404(a)
- Membership of LLC determines citizenship for diversity.
- U.S. District Court Examines The “Relation Back” Provision of Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 15(c)
- View Law Updates Archive
Semmes is a member of ALFA International, the global legal network. With 145 member firms across the globe (80 in the United States) ALFA International is the premier global network of independent law firms whose success is driven by broad, deep, local relationships all over the world. More information is available at www.alfainternational.com.
An STI Site
| Web Design By SLEEPER Technologies