Welcome to Semmes, Bowen & Semmes
Semmes is one of the oldest and largest full-service law firms in the State of Maryland. Semmes' Attorneys provide comprehensive legal representation in an extensive range of litigation, maritime, labor and employment, and corporate and business practice areas, including estate planning, real estate and lobbying and government relations, and Semmes is the largest private workers' compensation & employers' liability defense practice in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- NEWS » Thomas V. McCarron Inducted as Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- NEWS » James W. Bartlett III and JoAnne Zawitoski Named In Who’s Who Legal: Transport 2015 For Shipping
- NEWS » Semmes Authors Fall Edition of MSBA Section of Labor and Employment Newsletter
- NEWS » 21 Semmes’ Attorneys Named in Baltimore Magazine “Maryland Super Lawyers” for 2015
- EVENT » Maryland Workers’ Compensation Seminar
- NEWS » Semmes Receives Seven “Tier 1” Rankings for the Baltimore Metropolitan Area – U.S. News & World Report-Best Lawyers 2015 edition of “Best Law Firms”
- NEWS » Alan N. Gamse and JoAnne Zawitoski Earn “Lawyer of the Year” Accolades from Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- NEWS » Thirteen From Semmes Named in Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- NEWS » The Defense Line – Spotlights
- NEWS » Semmes Welcomes New Attorneys
- DIY Estate Planning: A Cautionary Tale
- 2014 Maryland Legislative Update
- Practical Construction Law For Maryland Contractors
- The Top Ten “Do’s” of a Law Firm Social Media Policy
- A Tax Break for the Hereafter
- Litigation and Social Media: Using Social Media to Your Advantage at Every Step of the Trial
- Where There’s a Will There’s a Way
- Planning Your Digital Estate
- View Articles Archive
- Maryland District Court Grants in Part and Denies in Part Motion to Dismiss or, in The Alternative, For More Definite Statement Under Fed. R. Civ. P. 12(b)(6) and 12(e)
- Hotel patron has no right to contractual damages for elevator defect causing injury.
- U.S. District Court Examines Standard for Granting Relief Under FRCP 60(b) and for Recusal Under 28 U.S.C. § 144.
- Damages claim limited due to spoliation in defective design case.
- United States District Court for District of Maryland Enters Sanctions against Party for Failing to Attend Court Ordered Settlement Conference
- U.S. District Court Examines Standard for Dismissing a Frivolous Complaint Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. §§ 1915(e)(2)(B)(ii), 1915A(b)(1)
- U.S. District Court Examines Standard for Employment Discrimination and Retaliation Claims
- View Law Updates Archive
Semmes is a member of ALFA International, the global legal network. With 145 member firms across the globe (80 in the United States) ALFA International is the premier global network of independent law firms whose success is driven by broad, deep, local relationships all over the world. More information is available at www.alfainternational.com.
An STI Site
| Web Design By SLEEPER Technologies