Welcome to Semmes, Bowen & Semmes
Semmes is one of the oldest and largest full-service law firms in the State of Maryland. Semmes' Attorneys provide comprehensive legal representation in an extensive range of litigation, maritime, labor and employment, and corporate and business practice areas, including estate planning, real estate and lobbying and government relations, and Semmes is the largest private workers' compensation & employers' liability defense practice in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- NEWS » James W. Bartlett III and JoAnne Zawitoski Named In Who’s Who Legal: Transport 2015 For Shipping
- NEWS » Semmes Authors Fall Edition of MSBA Section of Labor and Employment Newsletter
- NEWS » 21 Semmes’ Attorneys Named in Baltimore Magazine “Maryland Super Lawyers” for 2015
- EVENT » Maryland Workers’ Compensation Seminar
- NEWS » Semmes Receives Seven “Tier 1” Rankings for the Baltimore Metropolitan Area – U.S. News & World Report-Best Lawyers 2015 edition of “Best Law Firms”
- NEWS » Alan N. Gamse and JoAnne Zawitoski Earn “Lawyer of the Year” Accolades from Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- NEWS » Thirteen From Semmes Named in Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- NEWS » The Defense Line – Spotlights
- NEWS » Semmes Welcomes New Attorneys
- DIY Estate Planning: A Cautionary Tale
- 2014 Maryland Legislative Update
- Practical Construction Law For Maryland Contractors
- The Top Ten “Do’s” of a Law Firm Social Media Policy
- A Tax Break for the Hereafter
- Litigation and Social Media: Using Social Media to Your Advantage at Every Step of the Trial
- Where There’s a Will There’s a Way
- Planning Your Digital Estate
- View Articles Archive
- U.S. District Court Examines Pleading Standard Under FRCP 12(b)(6) and FRCP 9(b)
- U.S. District Court Examines Docket Management Authority Under FRCP 41(b)
- Fourth Circuit holds that doctrine of Volenti Non Fit Injuria precluded Beyond Systems’ recovery under the California and Maryland anti-spam statutes.
- Continuing Breach Theory Does Not Apply to Disability Insurance Policy and Plaintiff’s Entire Claim Is Time-Barred
- In Medical Malpractice Case, Plaintiff’s Certificate of Qualified Expert and Report Were Legally Sufficient, and Thus, Trial Court Erred by Dismissing Complaint
- Obstetrician was apparent agent of hospital when patient arrived with fetal demise.
- Court of Appeals affirms holding that Letter of Intent is enforceable where it contained all necessary terms and did not explicitly reject being bound.
- View Law Updates Archive
Semmes is a member of ALFA International, the global legal network. With 145 member firms across the globe (80 in the United States) ALFA International is the premier global network of independent law firms whose success is driven by broad, deep, local relationships all over the world. More information is available at www.alfainternational.com.
An STI Site
| Web Design By SLEEPER Technologies