Welcome to Semmes, Bowen & Semmes
Semmes is one of the oldest and largest full-service law firms in the State of Maryland. Semmes' Attorneys provide comprehensive legal representation in an extensive range of litigation, maritime, labor and employment, and corporate and business practice areas, including estate planning, real estate and lobbying and government relations, and Semmes is the largest private workers' compensation & employers' liability defense practice in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- NEWS » Semmes Elects Two New Principals
- NEWS » Best Lawyers® Ranks Semmes Among “Best Law Firms” for 2013
- NEWS » Thirteen From Semmes Named in Best Lawyers in America® for 2013
- NEWS » "When Baltimore was Convention Central" By Stan M. Haynes
- NEWS » Important Changes to IDOT Recordation Taxes in Maryland
- NEWS » Semmes Named A 2012 "Go-To Law Firm®" for Litigation
- NEWS » Alexander Giles Elected To The Board of Directors For The Maritime Law Association Of The United States (MLA)
- NEWS » 20 Semmes’ Attorneys Named in "Maryland Super Lawyers 2012"
- NEWS » Semmes Ranked Among Best Law Firms In The Baltimore Metropolitan Area
- NEWS » Semmes Welcomes New Attorneys
- Judicial Selection: The Nuts and Bolts of Making it to the Bench
- Preemption in Medical Device Litigation: What Has Changed Since Riegel?
- Probate in Equity Courts
- Zoning Board’s Site Visit was a Violation of the Open Meeting Law
- A Summary Guide to Early Stage Small Business Investment Companies
- Preventing Admission of Product Recall Evidence Against Your Medical Device Client
- Understanding the Safety Net Provided by Property and Casualty Insurance Guaranty Associations
- Practical Construction Law For Maryland Contractors
- View Articles Archive
- Trial Court Erred by Excluding Defense Expert Testimony on Cigarette Smoking As Contributing to Plaintiff’s Lung Cancer
- Plaintiffs Were Unable To Prove Race And Age Discrimination Against The Mayor & City Council of Baltimore
- Complaint Dismissed For Failing To Serve Process Within 120 Days Of Filing Of Action
- Fourth Circuit Vacates Maryland District Court Judgment for Defendants Where Injury Did not Present Complicated Medical Question Requiring Expert Testimony to Prove Causation
- Fourth Circuit Reverses and Remands Maryland District Court Grant of Summary Judgment for Defendant, Marriott International, on the Basis of Forum Non Conveniens
- Good Samaritan Act Does Not Apply to Private Commercial Ambulance Company, But Under Certain Circumstances, Same Company Might Be Entitled to Immunity Under the Fire and Rescue Act
- Baltimore City Verdict in Lead Trial Vacated, and Case Remanded for New Trial
- Supreme Court Holds That Fair Labor Standards Act Case Is Not Justiciable Once Lone Plaintiff’s Claim Becomes Moot
- View Law Updates Archive
Semmes is the sole Maryland member of ALFA International, a global network of independent law firms. ALFA's member firms endeavor to provide their regional, national, and international clients with outstanding legal services at reasonable costs. As an ALFA member, Semmes can draw upon the collective experience and expertise of the worldwide community of ALFA International firms to assist clients with competent advice on global law and practice. For more information on the ALFA International global network, go to www.alfainternational.com or click the ALFA logo.
An STI Site
| Web Design By SLEEPER Technologies